Niche Down or Go Broke
Stand Out or Stand Down
Here’s the hard truth about staying vague in your business:
If you keep using generalities- you’re going to go broke.
I know that might sound harsh, but let me break it down for you.
- The world is crowded and noisy.
- Most of the online space is filled with noisy parrots saying the same thing and using the same tactics.
- If you don’t find a way to stand out, you’re going to get lost in the shuffle.
That’s where crafting your magic comes in.
You’ve heard me say “I don’t preach the niche” and let me clarify that.
There is an old way of looking at a niche.
It was focused around demographics and avatars you made up named Susan that had an HR office job, 1.2 kids and loved soy lattes.
And this is the process I don’t agree with.
A true niche is much more about you than them.
Instead of trying to find your niche by only serving female underwater basket weavers from Roatan, that are 34.5 years old and listen to Metallica, start with the person you know best…YOU.
Step 1: Identify your passions
What do you love to talk about and teach? What gets you fired up?
Listen closely here-Your passion DOES NOT need to be your business, but a successful business infuses your passion to set you apart from your peers in the space.
Step 2: Identify your method
The way you do something has a lot to do with your values. There is a reason you approach marketing, coaching, business, design, training, gardening, writing, and craftsmanship the way you do. You believe certain things are more important than others in both life and execution.
And this informs the way you deliver your product. Since this tends to be second nature for us, it often takes an intentional search to uncover the method. Look to your values to find the method hidden in your business and then highlight it for all to see.
Step 3: Make “Clear Over Clever” your mantra.
Now that you know you figured out how to infuse your passion and harness your innate method, it’s time to say it clear and simple.
No more vague: best product, quality service, affordable, next level, empowering you to break through limiting beliefs…
What does any of that REALLY mean?
Instead, get super clear
- “We provide personalized one-to-one business & life strategy development plans in private and group settings”
- “We are the only social media posting service with AI technology”
- “We don’t make trendy cakes, we make one-of-a-kind cakes for one-of-a-kind people”
Ultimately, your niche will be the unique approach, expression of your personality and vision for your business rolled into one.
Don’t try to be something you’re not because someone told you “it works”, and don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd for fear of losing the masses.
Truth? You don’t need the masses for mass success.
When you stay true to yourself and your values, your unique approach will naturally emerge and the magic you bring to the market will be recognized and rewarded both internally and externally.
P.S. Whenever you are ready…here are 4 ways I can help you grow your business and strategize the life you dream of:
1. Ready to build s Strategy Plan in 20 minutes?
Let’s meet: Book a NO-Catch, NO-Pitch Strategy Plan Session HERE
2. Want to Stop Feeling Busy, Create Predictable Days & Regain your Sanity? Check out My Success Schedule HERE. Your investment is $197 and includes 1 Private Coaching session with me.
3. Ready to Stop the Lone-Wolf journey and be supported with a coach and peers with a personalized strategy plan and skills development? Success By Design is 12-Month Customized Support Mastermind Membership to build your strategy & skills to optimize profit and joy. It’s a 6K investment and will deliver more than any program you’ve seen out there.
(CLICK HERE to visit a private member session as our guest)
4. You’re powerful, have a bias for action, and a track record of success, but crave something more? If you know you’re ready to do the deep work to become the next-level YOU- Let’s have a human-to-human conversation about what that might look like. Book HERE